Friday, August 14, 2009

a way to use energy



The mind has to be disciplined. Communication is always a discipline of the mind. It is the way we learn and the way we use energy. I hear these thoughts and think of the way i utilized my energy to train this half ton animal to do my bidding and i get a beautiful picture of the ethical values...at least the physical level of them... and i can see now where i have been building on the emotional energy of them. I had not thought of this before now but as i think over the training required to take a novice horse who was learning to be a balanced animal and to compete on a National level... there are no steps missed. Nothing happens without loving communication. Each training session is build on the previous one and there are lots of baby steps needed to provide a solid balanced animal. We are no different.

Horses respond to energy and i learned early on that if i was upset in anyway this was immediately transferred to the horse and my emotional state was mirrored back to me. My emotional energy is determined by how i am thinking. There is no bluffing when working with horses...any animal really. The result of years of training is the intense sense of sympatico between horse and rider--the trust and faith of shared energy.

2 comments:

Maat said...

As I was reading this...and since I've never worked with horses...my thoughts immediately went back a few years when a dear friend asked me why my new pup was so frenetic. He wasn't so 'new' but less than a year and, as she pointed out "you would NEVER allow Nikki (my daughter) to try you this far!!" My answer...it was during a rather difficult time in my life, I was scattered...he did...as you said, pick up on that and mirrored it right back to me. He wasn't the one in need of discipline...I was! It took a while but we both, eventually, calmed down. I owe a lot to dear departed Oliver...which would include my perpetual embarrassment at the time!

Unknown said...

I am so grateful to have horses in my life. I was not the typical horse crazy girl. This is something that has evolved in me in the last 15 years or so. Being with the horses and seeing how they mirror not only my own energy but the energy of others is such a gift.