Monday, January 21, 2008

stress and pH of cells and memories etc

Stress acts to deplete the body of trace minerals and minerals, in the same way that a negative attitude does. When stress is the state of mind, digestion, absorption and more than likely, elimination are all affected. Stressful situations are a part of life and I feel they are personal. What is stressful to one person may not be so for another. Preparing a formal dinner for 10, public speaking, doing tax returns, having a loved one die, moving to a different state, finding a snake in the bathtub are just some examples of a range of stress buttons that people experience and not everyone has the same exact buttons.

How to deal with stressful situations and maintain health? Being conscious is the first thing. I think back to my more stressful moments and what was happening to me chemically. It all makes sense now. When my mother was in her transition process, I felt like I stepped out of my life here and lived a huge chunk of it having an incredible experience to just as suddenly return to my life here again and attempt to pick up where I had left off. Everything was the same and yet everything had changed. It was a peculiar state to be in. In 28 days, I had flown thousands of miles to another country, in opposite season, and 17 hour time zone difference. I had spent a week at the hospital with my mother as she said her goodbyes and prepared for her own transition. In the remaining 2 weeks I had arranged her funeral, auctioned off the household and sold the house. All physical ties to town and country had been removed. I returned to the states and picked up my life. Throughout the whole ordeal I was eating well. I still dropped a lot of weight and experienced waves of grief for many months afterwards. I am sure I was in a more acidic state than normal. The one thing I was not doing was supplementing with minerals and vitamins. The stress I was feeling through my grief, used up a lot of minerals, particularly calcium which showed up dramatically with a broken tooth, and this brought on another lot of stress for me. Sometimes i think stress is just another label for giref.

Spiritual philosophy has offered me tools to cope with such things and I am grateful! Even though my mother’s death was an emotional shock, I still felt an internal buoyancy or support that allowed me to achieve a lot in a short time. I feel that each experience is either accepted as stepping stones for growth and change or as stumbling blocks. It all comes back to choice on how we wish to respond to life.

Since my mother has moved on, I am remembering things she used to say. They surface at odd times when a memory node gets nudged and I hear my mother’s voice in my head. There is one memory that came up the other day for me and I sat and savoured it. It was over a cup of tea that Mum said to me, “When you get a handle on patience, everything falls into place.” I felt the profundity of her words. I watched her live this in the last few years of her life and am conscious of the gift she offered. She gifted me with life and her life has continued to offer me treasures. I am finding that the more I learn about my self, the greater my appreciation I have for my mother and the role she played for me. The more I learn, the easier life becomes, the less stress I take on, the healthier I become. Life is good.

No comments: